Reports to CFO
Summary The Assistant Manager
Accounting will assist the Chief Financial Officer with responsibility for the daily oversight and management of the Accounting Department. Key objectives of the position include successful management and training of the daily activities of the Accounting Department staff to deliver expected results as outlined by American Partners Federal Credit Union’s strategic plans and direction; foster and promote a positive, collaborative culture across his or her team and all other departments and teams across the credit union.
Lead the credit union's Accounting and Deposit Operations teams consistent with strategic initiatives, rules, and regulations.
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully.
- Assists the department and oversees assigned department functions to help ensure the normal functioning of the department.
- Assists to establish performance goals and measures to ensure quality service standards are met and exceeded.
- Assists to train, supervise and evaluate direct reports to promote quality service, accuracy, and efficiency throughout the department.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance in a timely fashion; reward and discipline employees in a timely fashion; address escalated complaints and resolve problems.
- Assists in timely preparation of reports to reflect the financial position of the credit union
- Assists in the development of procedures for new accounting projects to facilitate the flow of work within the department.
- Reviews reconciliations of general ledger accounts completed by department employees to ensure proper use of accounting principles.
- Makes adjusting and/or correcting entries to accounting records to maintain accuracy in the accounting records.
- Enhances the automation of the accounting department through effective use of available technology.
- Resolve discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Work with Accounts Payable: A/P invoice matching & filing, vendor invoices and disbursement filing
- Overall accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Assist with loan portfolio reports, communications and special projects.
- Knowledge of credit union products and services, sufficient to identify and assist with member and prospect needs; conduct sales/service dialogue with current and potential members.
- Display and foster a spirit of collaboration and team-oriented communication by establishing and maintaining positive working relationships across all levels of the credit union including peers, the branch network, support staff departments and senior management.
- Promotes and establishes strong, positive, and productive working relationships within the organization through communication and a commitment to the company’s vision statement, core values, and business principles.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs within one year, or other established time frame, of accepting the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains effective communication and high-performing, cross-functional partnerships with senior-level executives, business lines, and internal members through positive influence.
- Ensure the department meets established goals
- Has fun and recognizes team members and members.
- Assist CFO to establish and achieve management development objectives and goals for all staff
Education and Experience
- BA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Five to seven years similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a college degree (AA or BA/BS in a relevant field).
Other Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience in accounting and Automated Clearing House (ACH) processing.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills. • Strong technical skills. Fiserv core system XP2 experience highly desired.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all MS Office Suite products including Excel spreadsheets; reporting, financial analysis, process mapping and designing for efficiency improvements.
This position will supervise employees and members of the accounting department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Ability to travel to various worksites and on-call may be required. Some overnight travel may be required.
Apply for the Position